Monday, September 17, 2012

MASON IS HERE!!! And he's already 2 months old!!

Sorry it has taken me 2 months to update my blog! I have just been having way too much fun with my little boy!! I just can't get enough of him! :) All in all, the labor and delivery went pretty well! Okay well here's the story...On the Monday before I delivered, I went in for a cervical exam at 39 weeks and I was at dilated to a 3 1/2, 80% effaced! I had been that for a couple weeks so it wasn't anything exciting. After my appointment, I went out to lunch with my friend Dani who was due 1 day after me and I was telling her I was having cramps in my lower back and I had never felt that in my pregnancy but I just thought it was nothing. I didn't know you could have back labor!!! I called my mom and she said just go sit down and relax and see if it goes away. Well it wasn't going away so I called my mother in law and she told me I should go into the hospital because I was in labor. At this point the contractions were like 4-5 min apart so I didn't think it was really that serious but better to be safe than sorry. They got me all hooked up to the monitor but after a hour I hadn't progressed so they sent me home. :( That night I didn't sleep at all because I was contracting all night. At like 3 in the morning they were getting about 3-4 min apart and they were really hurting! Me and Jake went in again and I got hooked up and again....nothing had progressed so I got sent home. :( I forgot to mention that Jake had been in an internship all summer so it was kinda important to make sure he didn't miss work. So after we got sent home at 5am he went straight to work and my in laws told me I could come back to their house and they would take care of me! :) How lucky am I?? Anyways so I went back to their house and tried to get some sleep but that didn't really happen! My mother in law asked if I wanted to go walk around at the mall to get things going...honestly it didn't sound the greatest but I just wanted to have my baby!! So we went and by the time we got back my contractions were really painful and 2-3 min apart! So we went to the hospital again and this time I was at a 4 1/2 so they kept me! YAY!!! My mom was flying into town in a couple hours so I was so glad that I knew she was going to make it just in time! They gave me my epidural right away because I was in so much pain! A few hours later it was time to push.  Jake was a great help to me and was encouraging and supporting me the entire time! I pushed for a little over an hour and then Mr. Mason James Freeze was born! He had pooped while he was inside me so they had to make sure he didn't swallow any of it. When he came out he kinda had a grunting cry so they had me rub his palms and feet to get him screaming so all of that stuff would get out of his lungs. It worked and he was just fine!  He is such a cutie and I'm so grateful to have this little boy in my life now! Here are some cute pictures of him!

Me and My Mommy!!

 
  I know... I look so lovely!



The nurses cleaning him up!


 I finally got to hold him! It felt like forever!


 Aww cute!!


Cousins meeting for the first time!


One of my favorites!


Cute uncle Jared!

Me and my friend Dani! We had our little boys 1 day apart!


Isn't he the cutest??



1 comment:

  1. Katie! He is adorable...I need more snuggle time! You can post an abbreviated version of your birthstory on timp's facebook page if you want! www.facebook.com/mytimpbaby.

    ReplyDelete